Kidney stones causes
What is kidney stone
Kidney stones are a solid coagulation made of minerals and salt. Their size can range from as small as a sand grain to as large as a golf ball.
Kidney stones are considered one of the most painful medical conditions. Kidney stones can affect any part of the urinary tract, it ranges from the kidneys to the bladder.
As long as the stone remains stable in the kidney, there are no symptoms. Once it leaves the kidney and enters the ureter, lll symptoms begin, such as severe pain.
Diet, being overweight, certain diseases and some medicines are among the many reasons for kidney stones.
Kidney stones can be quite painful to pass, but they usually do not cause any permanent damage if they are detected in time. Depending on your situation, you do not need to do anything other than drink a lot of water to pass a kidney stone. In other cases, surgery may be required.
4 Types of Kidney Stones
- Calcium stone
- Uric acid stone
- Struvite Stone
- Sistine Stone
Of these, calcium stone and uric acid stone are most commonly found.
Kidney stones causes
- Heredity :- Some people are more likely to have kidney stones due to heredity. Kidney stones can be caused by high levels of calcium. High levels of calcium in the urine can be passed down from generation to generation. [Kidney stones causes] Some rare genetic diseases can also cause kidney stones such as tubular acidosis or problems digesting certain body chemicals such as cysteine (an amino acid), oxalate (a salt of an organic acid) and uric acid and other chemicals.
- Diet :- If a person is susceptible to the formation of stones, they may be at high risk from animal protein and salt. However, if a person is not susceptible to the formation of stones, then there is probably no risk to them from the diet.
- Medicines :- People taking diuretics and high calcium antacids may have higher calcium levels in the urine, which may also cause stone formation. Vitamin A and Vitamin D can also increase calcium levels. [Kidney stones causes] Indinavir medication for the treatment of HIV can lead to the formation of indinavir stones. Apart from this, some drugs can also cause stone formation.
- Underlying diseases :- Some chronic diseases are related to the formation of kidney stones such as cystic fibrosis, renal tubular acidosis and inflammatory bowel disease.
How to prevent kidney stone
Individuals who are suffering from calcium oxalate kidney stones should not take a diet rich in oxalate. Such diets are- Peanuts, Spinach, Beetroot, Rosewood seeds, Chocolate, and Sweet Potatoes.
- Do not take more protein.
- Do not take an overdose of sodium. Avoid junk food, canned food and excessive intake of salt.
- Oxalate is found in sufficient quantities in spinach, whole grains etc. Do not consume it.
- Excessive consumption of tomato seeds, brinjal seeds, raw rice, urad and gram increases the problem of stone. Drink more water and do not consume cold drinks, the phosphoric acid present in it increases the risk of stone.
- Do not let uric acid increase in the body, so do not consume non-vegetarian food at all.
[Kidney stones causes]