How hot is the earth core | Earth Hot 4 layers

Published by Science Hub on

How hot is the earth core

1. How hot is the earth core

2. Earth 4 Layers

Earth is the only planet in the entire universe on which life is possible. On the basis of distance from the Sun, this planet is present in the third place. Based on the radiometric dating process and some other evidence, the age of the Earth is said to be about 450 million years. 

Earth’s only natural satellite is the Moon. The Earth takes about 365.26 days to complete one revolution around the Sun. The Earth is tilted on its axis, due to which the seasons on Earth change.

Due to the gravitational force between the Earth and the Moon, there are tides in the ocean, due to this the stability of the Earth on its axis remains, and the speed of its rotation also remains slow. Earth is the densest planet in the Solar System. 

About 71% of the Earth’s area consists of oceans and seas and rivers. Continents and islands are present in the remaining 29% of the area. The poles of the Earth, [How hot is the earth core] the Antarctic and the Arctic are always covered by ice sheets. About 7.6 billion people live on Earth and depend on the Earth’s natural resources and biodiversity for their life. 

How hot is the earth core

The core is at the center of the Earth. It is divided into outer core and inner core. The inner core is solid and made of an iron-nickel alloy. It is very hot, with a temperature known to be around 5,500°C. The outer core is also made of iron and nickel and surrounds the inner core. The outer core is under less pressure than the inner core and is in a liquid state.
Earth Hot 4 layers
 
  1. Earth Upper Mantle
  2. Earth Mantle
  3. Outer Layer
  4. Inner Core

 

Earth Upper Mantle

The boundary between the upper mantle and the lower mantle is a 670 km (420 mi) discontinuity. Earthquakes at shallow depths are a result of strike-slip faulting; however, below about 50 km (31 mi) the hot, high pressure conditions inhibit further seismicity. The mantle is viscous and incapable of faulting. However, in subduction zones, earthquakes are observed down to 670 km (420 mi).

Earth Mantle

The mantle sits beneath the crust and is the thickest layer on Earth, with an average thickness of 1,800 miles. The mantle makes up about 85% of the Earth’s volume. [How hot is the earth core] It is composed of silicate rocks that are rich in magnesium and iron. The mantle is semi-molten and moves. Uneven heat in the mantle causes convection currents and means that the magma is constantly rising. The hot magma rises towards the crust, then cools and moves back to the hot core.

 

Earth Outer Core
The outer core is less swampy (liquid) than the inner core. Due to the low liquidity here, they can easily lose their shape and are more flexible. For this reason, there is a lot of convection here. The outbreak of convection currents in this layer is very high.
Earth Inner Core
In the inner core, the temperature and pressure are extreme, that is, very high. It is believed that the portion of the inner core is gradually increasing. As the core layer cools, the outer core layer solidifies and joins the inner core. The rate of this temperature drop is very slow, [How hot is the earth core] which is 100℃ per 100 million years. Although this speed is very low, it still greatly affects the magnetic field of the Earth.
[How hot is the earth core]
Categories: News

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *