Skin bacterial infections | Skin fungal infections
Your skin bacterial infections and skin fungal infections reduces your protection from germs, but sometimes it gets infected by microbes on its own. If there is a cut or scratch on the skin, you may have a skin infection.
Some of the main causes of skin cuts or scratches can be, such as injury to a sharp-edged metal on the skin, tattooing, piercing the ears or nose, stinging an insect or being bitten by an animal. When your skin is infected, then you start having symptoms like skin irritation, redness, itching or emitting etc.
Skin bacterial infections is mainly caused by bacteria, viruses or fungus and can affect any part of the body. This infection usually begins after a cut, scratch, or injury to the skin.
Type of Skin bacterial infections
- Chicken pox
Type of Skin fungal infections
- Athlete’s foot
- Yeast infection
- Oral thrush
- Nail fungus
During the skin bacterial infections, you may feel itching and pain in the affected skin and the pain is further aggravated by touching the skin. Skin fungal infections can cause blisters on the skin and after they burst, a brown crust is formed on them.
It can affect many different parts of the body, such as face, arms and legs etc. It can also occur in those areas of the body that are usually moist such as armpits, wrinkles in the skin of the neck and the skin between the genitals and thighs.
The following are the common signs and symptoms of skin bacterial infections
- Redness or discoloration in the skin
- Aching and getting worse on touch
- Skin feeling warm
- Becoming pimple or pimple
The skin of this area becomes hard and tight and marks of blood strips are formed from inside the wound. Fever can also occur due to infection in the wound, especially when the infection spreads in the blood.
Due to fungal infection
There are many reasons for fungal infection, which become due to the growth or growth of fungus.
- Mostly hot, moist environment and moist skin area are the main causes of this infection.
- Weak immune system also causes skin infections.
- A family history of a genetic factor or a fungal infection is also a major cause of this infection.
- People who come in contact with a person suffering from a fungal infection may also get an infection.
- Women may also have infections around the thighs with sanitary pads.
- Excessive sweating may cause fungal to grow.
Measures to avoid Skin fungal infections
To avoid the problem of fungal infection, firstly one needs to make changes in lifestyle and diet.
- Skin fungal infections are more frequent during the monsoons.
- Keep skin dry and clean.
- Dressed in cotton clothes.
- Do not let the hair stay wet during the rainy season.
- Drink plenty of water so that the skin is not dry.
- In the new stage of fungal infection, allopathic treatments give better results, but if allopathic treatment does not cure the infection then Ayurvedic treatment can prove to be more beneficial.
Complications of skin infection
Complications resulting from this depend on the cause of the skin infection. Medicines work easily on most types of bacterial infections.
But if a skin infection reaches the deep tissue of your skin or spreads to your bloodstream, then serious problems can develop.
Infections caused by certain types of bacteria such as Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus, etc. can be quite difficult to treat. This happens because these bacteria are resistant to antibiotics, due to which the medicines do not affect them.
To treat such infections, powerful antibiotics are transported through the veins to the patient’s body.
Be sure to consult a physician if you have skin infection by any means.